By Cheryl Fall
Participate in the Embroidery Community
Share your knowledge and ideas with others, ask questions, or sign up for the weekly newsletter to stay up-to-date on free patterns, embroidery information and tutorials.
Find your local LNS while at home or travelling through the United States, Canada, Europe or abroad. Or, contact an embroidery product manufacturer.
Popular Embroidery Blogs
Check out the latest blogs and posting by popular embroidery designers, authors and teachers.
- Emma Broidery Blog from DMC
- Carina's Polka Dot & Bloom
- Feeling Stitchy
- About.com Needlepoint
- Embroidery As Art
- Wild Olive
- About.com Embroidery
- Craft Gossip - Needlework
- Mary Corbet's Needle 'N Thread
- Floresita's Things I've made
- Embroidery With an Edge
- Racaire's Embroidery & Needlework
- Facile Cécile (In French)
Clubs and Guilds
Join a local or online embroidery club or guild. These organizations feature a wealth of networking and educational opprtunities.
- The Embroidery Guild of America (EGA)
- The Embroiderers' Association of Canada (EAC)
- The National Association of Needlearts (NAN)
- The Embroiderer's Guild (UK-based)
- The Embroiderers' Guild of Queensland (Australia-based)
Embroidery Education and Classes
These sites feature educational material for embroidery and can be a great resource for the beginning embroiderer.
- DMC USA Education Center
- Coats & Clark's Hand Embroidery Center
- The Caron Collection Online Classes
- The Royal School of Needlework
Embroidery Book Reviews, Museums and Collections
Visit a textile or embroidery exhibit - be inspired by techniques from the past.